PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller.
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller Board is a blend between general-purpose PoKeys device and motor controller. The device is targeted primarily for controlling up to 8 STEP/DIR signal-driven motors (stepper motors, servo drives, etc.) in various applications with the addition of powerful PoKeys device features. The device contains dedicated connectors for connections with motor drivers, pendants, (HD44780-compatible) LCD module, etc. In addition, 5 analog inputs with 12-bit resolution are available. The device also features four galvanically-isolated open-collector outputs and isolated 0 to 10 V analog output.
The device runs the PoIL core and is fully compatible with PoBlocks graphical programming software, bringing Programmable Logic Controller to a motor controller board. PoBlocks can be used to simply automate different peripherals and interchange data with other software applications that are using the PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller Board device.
PoKeys USB products integrate support for virtual USB keyboard and USB joystick, which can be used to emulate a standard USB keyboard and joystick. Digital input pins can be mapped to the virtual keyboard and joystick keys, while analog inputs can be mapped to virtual joystick axes. The configuration is simple by using our intuitive graphical PoKeys configuration application, where each function can also be tested.
A dedicated PoExtBus/PoNET connector can be used to extend the number of digital outputs for additional 80 outputs in the form of either relay outputs or open-collector outputs. It can also be used to connect various additional peripherals (e.g. PoKeysKBD48CNC pendant) and I2C sensors.
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller Features:
- Supported by Mach4 and Mach3 PoKeys plugins
- Compatible with USB 1.1/2.0 HID standard,
- standard English USB keyboard simulation (with triggering support for up/down keys),
- standard USB joystick simulation (6 axes, 32 buttons with triggering support),
- Ethernet 10/100 with DHCP client or fixed IP support,
- TCP or UDP connection with the device,
- Modbus TCP support (access to digital IO, analog inputs, encoder values, digital counters values, PWM outputs, LCD display, PoExtBus devices, matrix keyboard status),
- web interface with newly designed dashboard and I/O status display with multiple user accounts,
- 28 digital inputs or outputs (software configurable) with pull-up resistors and available as virtual USB keyboard keys. There are additional 4 dedicated digital outputs,
- 5 analog inputs (12-bit) with digital low-pass filtering (4 analog inputs also include an analog low-pass filter with 1.9 kHz cut-off frequency),
- multiple encoder pair inputs with three additional dedicated high-speed encoder and one ultra high-speed encoder inputs,
- digital counters on specific digital input pins,
- high performance 8-axis 125 kHz pulse engine with dedicated motor connectors,
- up to 16×8 matrix keyboard with triggered keys/alternate function support,
- up to 5 high-speed fully configurable PWM outputs (25MHz PWM timer) – two of them with open-collector transistor outputs,
- Dedicated connector for HD44780-based character LCD support (up to 4×20 characters),
- Dedicated connector for PoPendant1
- PoExtBus support for adding up to 10 external shift registers (e.g. PoExtBusOC16, PoExtBusRE, etc.),
- PoNET devises support (48-key CNC keyboard),
- fail-safe support in case of communication interruption,
- support for up to 100 sensors, that can be connected to I2C bus, 1-wire bus, or on the general-purpose analog inputs,
- intuitive and user-friendly software,
- third-party support via communication DLL library and extensive protocol specification document that allows porting to other systems.
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller Requirements:
- Ethernet or USB connection between the host computer and PoKeys57CNC device
- 6-26 V DC power supply with 2.5 W or more. If any additional peripheral is connected to PoKeys57CNC, more power is required.
- Included software requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 with .NET framework 3.5 installed
Mach3 and Mach4
PoKeys57CNC USB and Ethernet CNC Controller Board is compatible with Mach3 and also with Mach4 software. Check the instructions below on how to prepare the PoKeys57CNC device for CNC operations.
Libraries and plugins
PoLabs provides a set of plugins for different 3rd-party applications. The latest version of our open-source cross-platform PoKeysLib library is available at PoKeysLib Bitbucket repository. Plugin for Mach3 and Mach 4 is available as a part of the PoKeys setup package, available under the ‘Software’ category below.
- Mach4 and PoKeys57CNC – step by step guide.pdf (2.87 Mb)
- Mach4 plugin user manual (5.2.2017).pdf (2.89 Mb)
- PoKeys Mach3 plugin (16.5.2019) + manuals.zip (3.76 Mb)
- PoKeys Mach4 plugin 18.104.22.16842 + manuals.zip (7.5 Mb)
Compatible with the following Stepper Motor Drivers: