Stepper Motor Driver – PoStep25-256
The PoStep25-256 is a high-performance, cost-effective stepper motor driver to implement intelligent stepping motor control. The driver incorporates advanced architecture and surface mount technology to achieve an exceptional power density and low heating. Low footprint, high power density, and robust design are key for reliable stepper motor driving.
PoStep25-256 is high performance and low-cost bipolar stepper motor driver
The PoStep25-256 is a high-performance, cost-effective bipolar stepper motor driver. Firstly the driver incorporates advanced architecture and surface mount technology. Secondly copper on the printed circuit board is 2 times thicker than in most Printed Circuit Boards. In conclusion, PoStep25-32 has a state-of-the-art thermal design. Thick copper and additional heatsink quarante the best thermal performance and low heating. Low footprint, high power density, and robust design is a key for reliable bipolar stepper motor driving. There are 4 microswitches on the PoStep25-256. Thus, fast and reliable settings for micro-steps and decay. Moreover switching between mixed and fast decay and settings between full step and 256 micro-step can be made.
Many bipolar stepper motor drivers are linear what is the reason for heating. However, PoStep25-256 is a chopping bipolar stepper motor driver. Therefore it has much better energy efficiency and lowers heating.
It can drive bipolar stepper motors at a maximum of 2,5A. Besides Nema17, also some Nema23 stepper motors can be driven.
- 0.5 to 2.5 Amps Phase Current
- Simple current setting with jumper
- Compatible with 4, 6, and 8 wire bipolar stepper motors of any voltage
- +10 VDC to +30 VDC Power Supply
- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, and 32 Micro-steps
- Mixed decay mode thus smoother moving of motors
- 3,3V and 5V logic compatible inputs
- 250 kHz Max Step Rate
- 0 °C To 70 °C Operating Temperature
- LED Power, Error, and Enable Indicator
- Improved thermal managing
- Small Size: 50 mm X 52 mm
Compatible with the following CNC Controller Boards: