SMW Modular Vise System
The SMW 1/2″ Modular Vise uses low profile clamping for a versatile work holding and fixturing system in combination with Fixture Plates!
- Soft jaw compatible!
- Steel body and jaws machined in-house by SMW.
- The fixed position Mod Vise Jaw uses diamond pins for quick tram alignment with the Fixture Plate’s bolt pattern. SMW Mod Vises will generally not work on non-SMW fixture plates.
- Uses 7/16-20 ‘clamping bolts’ on the Adjustable Jaw to deliver ~2900 pounds of clamping force at 30 ft/lbs torque per bolt- on par with typical 4″ machine vises.
- Jaws can be used in reverse orientation along with vise parallels like traditional machine vises (great for finishing work on height-critical parts – see photos for example)
- Video Tutorial on How to Use the Mod Vise.
- See images for minimum clamping height of vise jaws
- (1) Fixed-Position Modular Vise (1/2″)
- (1) Adjustable-Position Modular Vise (1/2)”
- (4) 7/16-20 Clamping bolts.
- (1) Hardware kit to fasten Modular Vise to SMW Fixture Plate