Z-Finder tool length sensor inductive NPN
The Z-Finder tool length sensor is designed for high measurement accuracy and repeatability.
In order to guarantee high repeatability, an inductive proximity switch (opener) was used.
It has deliberately avoided the use of mechanical switches because they have poorer repeatability over a longer period.
The inductive sensor is working towards a mechanical button regardless of the state of contacts (oxidation), compressive force, ambient temperature, and humidity. Even vibrations that occur when working with CNC machines and can cause contact bounce do not affect the switching point of the inductive sensor.
Advantages of Z-Finder
The use of a non-contact sensor means for the user, in any case, a plus in terms of accuracy, reliability, and service life:
- very high repeatability
- no migration of the switching point position
- very reliably even with vibrations and shocks
- no limitation of life by the number of switching cycles
- no failure due to dirty or corroded contacts
- no contact bounce, because the solid-state output